Monday, April 27, 2009

S.Pellegrino's World's 50 Best

These are the top 3 restaurants according to San Pellegrino. There are 47 other places I could only dream of visiting and eating at one day. There aren't enough hours or words to write about the top 50 restaurants in the world. At least not in this lifetime. My eyes swell with pride just knowing all these chefs hae gone through to carve their own niche in this world. To have people respect, write & pay you for a piece of your art. What a humbling honor. I can only imagine the deep feeling of utter satisfaction of your life's work well done. One day I hope to get there too. Someday I feel I will. For now, check out the chefs who are living the dream! I admire these people so much.



1. El Bulli....there are no words. His food is a tangible symphony that plays on your mouth in and in your mind. He's in Spain and I'm well, here. It's probably for the best. I'd be his number one groupie. If you love food, research him. He's truly one of the best artists of my time. Just look at his kitchen above. Mind blowing. I dream of cooking in a kitchen like this. Even for a day.


2.
Heston and The Fat Duck. Heston is also a lover of Science and it's obvious in his food. He's creations are theatrical and dramatic. I think any good chef is both of these things ;) He's known for his nitro-scrambled egg and bacon ice cream. It's injected into an empty egg shell. The custard is frozen and ‘cooked' with liquid nitrogen into small balls of ice cream like dippin dots, but these ain't dippin dots. Who said that the UK doesn't have good food? UK has numerous restaurants on this list.
http://www.fatduck.co.uk/

3.Noma in Denmark is # 3 on their list. I've never heard of this place, but I'm sure it's superb. Again, a master chef and artist. He seems like more of a surreal chef. He has a dish that looks like carrots are growing out of the dirt right on your plate, but it's all edible.

No comments: