Friday, January 8, 2010

Another example of why I'm a purist.




The picture above is taken from David Rosengarten's twitter account. They're called "twitpics" for all of you who don't have the twitter lingo down pat. And if you don't know what twitter is by now, I can't help you.

My point is above is a photograph of the quivering foie-gras/short-rib burger at DB Bistro Moderne In NYC. I have one word for it:EW. It looks like a cross between beef tartare, except with an unnecessary foie filling. If you have a working grill, great beef, a good bun and decent piece of cheese, well then you just might have yourself an excellent burger in the making. See below!



People, chefs and home cooks go overboard in trying to reinvent the wheel. I say if it ain't broke than don't try to fix it. EW to that nasty uncooked NY burger and YAY to real burger joints(all over the country) who make something as simple as a burger, spectacular.

No comments: