Monday, January 11, 2010

Rachel's Bridal Bday. Solo drive. Greek Bros Restaurant.



This past weekend I trekked through the Texas Hill Country, scared and alone to attend a friend's bridal shower-slash-birthday party. She lives in Port Lavaca and I've never been there before in my life! My friend, Becca was supposed to be my plus one, but then plans changed and she couldn't make it. Petrified to drive all the way to timbuktu by my lonesome, I found some courage to make the drive alone.



I went through small towns I'd never been to such as Cuero, Gonzales, Luling, Victoria and of course, Port Lavaca. I basically turned left at every major intersection to get there. It was like small towns with one major intersection so it wasn't to hard to miss. I'm glad I got over my fear and went. I love going places alone, but I usually go to bigger cities where it's harder to get lost, abducted or left for dead in the blazing wilderness. I'm disappointed to report there were a few little markets and restaurants I wanted to venture into, but then quickly changed my mind when I saw a bumper sticker on a triple lifted Ford that read, I'm a pissed off hunter, just looking for an easy target When I saw that, I thought, "Check please!" So that's pretty much my excuse for not stopping at too many places. My chicken butt did manage to take picture out of my SUV along the way though! Not very road safe I admit, but after seeing that bumper sticker I thought I'd take my chances on the road, rather than off the road.




Apart from the driving(which you can see my illegal photographing- while-driving pics below) it was nice to see Rachel and finally meet her fiance, Jimmy. Separate from my crazy drive, the beaming rays of happiness she expelled 24/7,one thing stuck out like a sore thumb, the Greek restaurant that didn't serve Greek food! We went to a place called, Greek Bros and it had Italian and "American" food. All in all it wasn't really bad, just slightly misleading. I guess Grecian cowboys wanted to appeal to the masses. It was just nice to visit with old friends and meet new peeps.



p.s. the drive back wasn't as bad!

No comments: